St. William Catholic Church

St. William Catholic Church
St. William Catholic Church

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Loving the Liturgy

Gosh, I am having a tough time keeping up with my blog right now.  Father Balash talked about offering forgiveness to others even when they frustrate you.  Well, I frustrate myself so much and find it very difficult to tell myself it is ok and to forgive myself for my many human weaknesses. 

For those of you who know me, you probably know by now how much I LOVE THE LITURGY!  I love the sites, the sounds, the smells that accompany a Catholic Liturgy.  I have been blessed this week to celebrate beautiful liturgy with my Parish family, my Catholic School family an
d today with nearly 1,000 Catholic School students at St. Columba with Bishop Murry.

Have you ever closed your eyes during liturgy and just listened to the sound of everyone singing, or everyone praying the Lord’s Prayer?  I especially love the sound of silence after communion.  To me there is something quite profound about the sound of silence for it is then that I hear God whisper to me.

It was amazing to me today to hear the sound of the faithful singing the Eucharistic Acclamations.  Their voices rose up through the rafters and I truly felt that we were singing with the choirs of Angels as we acclaimed, Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.  I felt as if it were a wave splashing up over into the choir loft.  It was truly amazing.

We are called to full, active participation in the liturgy, and when we answer this call, oh what a difference it makes.  When we fully participate, body, mind and soul, our joy spills over to our neighbor and they in turn spread their joy to others.  I pray that you can be this fountain of joy for others.

On Sunday we heard that
                                    “Indeed someone might say, “You have faith and I have works.” 
                                                Demonstrate your faith to me without works,
                                                and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.”
                                                                                                                                                                James 2:18
I pray that the Words of God inspire you to a full and active participation not only in words, but in deeds as well so that when you go forth you glorify the Gospel with your life.


Shalom,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment