St. William Catholic Church

St. William Catholic Church
St. William Catholic Church

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Humble Servant

I am writing this on the eve of our Papal Pilgrimage.  I could not be more proud to travel with fellow parishioners as we represent every member of Saint William Parish when we leave for Philadelphia Saturday Morning.  Know that we hold each of you in our prayer.  Cathy, one of my fellow pilgrims
had the idea to take something with us which would represent the parish so that when (NOT IF) the Pope passes by us that his blessing would be extended to every parishioner. We will each carry this sign with us as we represent the good people of Saint William.

I feel that Pope Francis embodies the Gospel message with the way he lives his life.  I know that I will feel the peace of Christ with his presence.  The more I think about being in the presence of Pope Francis, the more I wonder what it must have been like living in the time when Jesus walked the earth thousands of years ago.  I feel like I will be the hemorrhaging woman who reaches out just to touch his cloak.  I wonder what the excitement would have been like as people left their homes to head to the Mount to hear what this holy man, son of Joseph and Mary, had to say.  I wonder if they left their homes empty handed or carried with them provisions for a day or two.

I told myself to pack light, but as I look at my belongings I know I should be leaving a few things behind.  I don’t need to feed everyone, just bring what I need for me.  I find that this concept is not very easy!  I want to be able to have enough to share.  As I was shopping, I could not help but think of the feeding of the thousands.  I am convinced that the Gospel reflects not only the miracle Jesus performed, but also the very heart of human nature ~ to share and take care of our fellow man.  When each of us on our pilgrimage share what we bring along for the next few days, I can’t wait to see how many baskets are left over!

Know that as I step onto the parade route that I have you in mind.  Know that when I raise my voice in song at the Papal Mass that I hold you in my prayers.  May God bring you whatever you need and may you feel his awesome presence in your life.

Shalom,

Tina








No comments:

Post a Comment