St. William Catholic Church

St. William Catholic Church
St. William Catholic Church

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

His Presence

Oh – I have spent the past six Mondays “Awakening my Faith” with the most incredible group of people! As our time came to a close last evening, we listened to “The Eyes and Hands of Christ” by Tom Kendzia, and I commented how much they have been Christ’s presence to me over these past six weeks.  Being with others who share my love of Jesus Christ and hearing how they live out their baptismal promises was truly inspiring to me.  It got me thinking about how each of us make Christ present in the world through our acts of kindness and love toward each other.  This inspired me to write a little note to someone who has made Christ’s presence known to me. 

I often talk about “God’s time” and “little pockets of grace.”  After writing my note, I opened my email to find my daily 3 Minute Retreat from Loyola Press.  Alas – the topic of reflection this day is “We Are Christ’s Presence!”  God is always watching out for me!  I want to share with you part of the retreat reflection and I encourage you to visit Loyola Press.com to experience the 3 Minute Retreat (You can use the direct link provided on the News/Events Page of the St. William Champion website- http://www.stwilliamchampion.org/news-events.html)

These words affirm my experience of Christ and His Church.  I not only find myself describing our Holy Mass in much these same words, I find that I need to be broken open in order to make room for Christ to enter here!  I find myself being poured out as I struggle with being “the Body of Christ.”  This indeed is not easy work; no, it “is not passive.” As we enter into the Holy Triduum I am reminded how the physical body of Christ endured so much for me!  I am reminded how his hands took nails for me.  Knowing that makes it possible for me to reach my hand out to others.

I pray that you take time to celebrate these three holy days and remember that Christ has no body now but yours!

Shalom,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment